We’ve all been to them at some point in our lives. Whether its for a wedding, anniversary, fundraiser, Christmas party…our bank accounts all had to suffer a little.
As an avid hall party go-er myself, I seem to have noticed a common trend between all of them, no matter what occasion. So here’s my list of commonalities.
Is it just me or do all the waiters at hall parties look like they’re going to light the place on fire; especially towards the end of the night. They all have that “get the fuck outta here” look on their faces while they try and clear every crumb on the tables so they finish work faster.
Hall parties are all about getting your groove on. Seems to me like there’s the same type of dancers on the floor with every hall party I attend.
1. The Horny Couple: usually involves two people who look like they’re about to rip each others clothes off in front of the rest of us. They are usually seen pecking, grinding, at the bar, touching, touching, and more touching.
2. The Show-Off: usually involves dancers who are alwayssss on the dance floor who know every move to every song of every country and every nationality. Opa!
3. Munchkins: usually involves a little boy and girl who just wont sit down for a minute. You have to watch out not to step on them while you dance because they’re either sliding across the floor, running around getting tangled in everyone else’s shoes.
4. Girl Posy: involves a bunch of girls who decide, as a group, when to start and stop dancing. They sing along to every song and yell “OMG I LOVE THIS SONG!!!” at the start of every new track.
5. The Awkard Dancers: the name is pretty self-describing. These are the people who do the same side-to-side dance technique who awkwardly look around the room while they “dance.”
Is it just me, or does every hall party, no matter what the occasion or DJ company, play the same songs? Pitbull, hey fat boy, another night another dream, dont you worry child, and that one slow song for all the couples dying to slow dance.
Every hall party consists of the same routine. Starting buffet, pasta, salad, meat, dessert, sweet table. Why not shake it up and do the reverse? Haha. Also, is it just me or does some of the food, at some point, not sit well with your stomach and you end up drinking water and lemon towards the end of the night.
#5. Bar Overload
If you paid over 100 bucks for the party, chances are you’ll be looking forward to that open bar. Yeah right, good luck getting one drink! Its always the same routine: the same crowds who hog the bar all night and getting one drink takes you half an hour, until you say fuck it and your plan to get wasted goes out the window.
All in all, hall parties are somewhat fun. Even though they all have that same routine of food, staff, dancers, and crowding, it is an excuse to stuff our faces and let loose. Until next occasion, let me know if you see any other trends!!